Location: Edmonton, AB
Position: Full-time – New position
Start Date: Immediately
Reporting to: Regional Manager
- Conduct on-site investigations of structural and vehicle fires and explosions, and equipment failures.
- Provide written reports expressing a professional opinion with regards to the origin and cause of a fire/explosion or equipment/component failure
- Perform laboratory examinations of electrical/electronic equipment to assess if equipment may have been the cause of a loss, and determine the failure mechanism if applicable
- Maintain timely oral and written correspondence with clients throughout all phases of the investigation, mediations or trial
- Complete various design and reporting functions via Microsoft Office
- Provide expert testimony in court when required
- Travel throughout the region on short notice
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute all phases in accordance with company and client standards
- Stay on the leading edge of scientific knowledge in the industry by seeking out continuous training and education
- Collaborate with experts in other disciplines as needed for complex investigations requiring different specialties
- Coordinate and execute parallel investigations with other experts representing various parties
- Perform additional duties as required
Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or CFEI and CFVI
- Minimum of 5 years field experience in the forensic industry
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Passionate about engineering and has an inquisitive mind with advanced problem-solving skills
- Works hard and takes pride in technical excellence and integrity
- Motivated to develop professionally and lead a growing line of business within the organization
- A people-person committed to the highest standard of client satisfaction
- Team player with the ability to work independently
If this describes you and your attributes, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “RE: Fire Investigator or Forensic Engineer Post”.
We appreciate your interest and efforts in submitting your application. A Recruiting Consultant will review all submitted applications and contact all qualified candidates to schedule an interview.
Thank you for your interest in joining the O&C team!