In the event of a mechanical malfunction, failure or damage, our mechanical engineering experts apply scientific methods and techniques to determine the origin and the cause of the incident in question.
Our mechanical engineers are highly skilled in analyzing a device or system to determine how and why, under the set of conditions to which the device was subjected, an unintended event may have occurred. They examine/test mechanical components and devices to determine both modes of failure and compliance with regulatory codes and industry standards.
Areas of expertise include:
- Industrial machinery
- Vehicle components
- Consumer products
- Highway vehicles
- Heavy equipment
Types of investigations
While we are equipped and ready to handle any mechanical engineering related incidents, there are a number of investigations we commonly see.
- Diesel truck, generator and heavy equipment fire and explosion investigation
- Marine, agriculture and construction equipment fire and explosion investigation
- Engine failures: Examination of failure modes and mechanisms and re-creation of the sequence
- Examination and evaluation of compliance of the various subsystems and controls including: hydraulic and pneumatic controls, Programmable Logic Controls (PLC's), sensor and electrical control systems
- A variety of machinery and mechanical failure analyses in a full spectrum of manufacturing environments
- Equipment damage assessment
- Railway operational failures
- Automotive and motorcycle failures
- Stress/wear/fatigue/overload/corrosi on failure analysis
- Heating and ventilation systems
- Vehicle and heavy equipment fire and explosion investigation: private passenger vehicles,tractor trailers,forestry equipment, commercial passenger vehicles, marine, agriculture, construction and industrial equipment
|Download to learn more about Mechanical Engineering|